Thursday, June 29, 2006

WTM 9 - T-10M


Sorry I put a little trick in my quiz as the tank is not a WWII tank. But probably your answer is close. It's the T-10M of the World Tank Museum 09.

Modern armor is not my favorite but this series does show the quality Takara has improved series after series. The marking and painting are good compared to previous series. May be Takara has put in some quality control in the production line. For example, the white cross on the T-10M below the painting is very well done with weathering effect (you can see the difference if you compare it to the old WTM02 or WTM03 releases.

I also found a drawing of the same tank. May be Takara was based on this drawing doing the design work.


Another version of the T-10M has a white cross painted on it. At first I thought it was used for air recognition (same as those WWII tanks) but I found out later it should be one used in the Prague or Czech Invasion (see picture below).

I don't know if it's really a T-10M or not as an article said T-10M had never involved in any real action in its history.

If you want to see more pictures, check this site.

No comments: