Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Michael Wittmann Collection

I have thought about creating this new subject on special projects or collections for a while. Since there are not that too much news on 1/144 and I want to make some new changes to this blog, I think now is a good time to start. As the first topic, what can be a better selection than this most popular panzer ace in WWII - Michael Wittmann.

As you can see below, there are many options so do you have them all. Here is the line-up:

Tiger I (S04) - Dragon Cando Tiger I Series Special - with 88 hit marks on the barrel. This 1st release in Japan is hard to find now. One may show up in ebay from time to time but the price may well over $100 (I saw a Japan version was sold at $300 in Japan). Please note this price should apply to Japan version only (which were sold out long time ago). The same tank of US version has slight differences (which I will put it in another document another day) and you can still find them from many on-line shops. I think the price should be $25-$50 (a whole carton is $200 with 48 tanks so if the price is too high, just buy a whole carton and then sell off the others.)

Tiger I (S04) - World Tank Musuem Series 05 Special.






Tiger I (1331) - Special Edition of Dragon Cando Tiger I. As shown in Kursk. This was sold in a model exhibition only.






Tiger I (1331) - World Tank Museum Series 07. This is a regular tank so the price should be just a few dollars.





Tiger I (007) - World Tank Museum Series 01 Special - This is the last Tiger I Michael Wittmann used before it was blow up by a Firefly in France. This is a special and it's the 1st release from Takara so it's hard to find now.



There is no Stug III A which Wittmann used in his early stage. May be I need to make one myself.

More info and picture can be found in my web. There are a few more from Metal Troops but the original price was quite high and the production quantity was not that many so I may add them later but not today. Otherwise, if I miss anything, just let me know.

No comments: