Thursday, November 30, 2006

Metal Troops - Horch 4x4




I also received this Horch 4 x 4 the other day from Metal Troops. You know soft skins are hard to find items so this is a good addition to my collection. The kit overall looks very nice. The painting is pretty good as you can see from the picture. One problem again with this kit is the wind-shield, same as the Steyr, it's a block of resin. If you really want to make it nicer, you need to cut it open and replace it with a piece of clear plastic sheet. It's not a difficult job but difficult enought for me (not taking a risk to break this $25 kit) so I won't do it. If you are mostly a collector like me, it's a big drawback. If you're a modeller, you should get it as the above mod is quite simple.

The kit also comes with 2 sitting figures as a bonus. I assume one is a driver and one is an officer sitting at the back. However, even I broke the driving wheel, I couldn't place it in the driver's seat. And that's why you see them both sit at the back as shown in my picture.

In summary, if you are a collector like me, you should get a hold of one. (More than one is too expensive to me as cost + S&H is over $25). I still think Pro-hobby has a more reasonable price (see those armor cars in my previous post).

No comments: