Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sd. Kfz 234/2 Puma from Toropo / Rescue Wings

Sd Kfz 234/2 Puma
I'll be on vacation until Saturday so probably you won't see any posts until then. Before I leave, if you haven't seen it, the picture to the left is a Sd Kfz 234/2 Puma from Toropo san in Japan. I like Toropo san's works a lot as they are very detail. The casting is clean (as they are resin kits). The re-production from Pro-hobby is not as clean as the original. I don't know when they will be on sales. Will let you guys know later. You can check more details here.

Rescue Wings
I have just watched the first episode of the Rescue Wings. The story line so far is ok, nothing surprised me. It's about a new guy going to the JMSDF joining the Rescue Team in a small town. Anyway, it's just the first episode. However, I was impressed by all the planes or choppers. I think they are CG but compared to some other Cg released previously, this time all planes look pretty real but fit into the background nicely.

In many cases, the people overdid the CG so that the CG looks very real but it doesn't look like animation any more. The CG stuffs and the hand painted stuffs cannot be fitted together. As you can see from these screen shots, I think they found the balance.

The picture to the right is the UH-60 BlackHawk which the 1/144 kit will be released in the Wonder Festival by F-Toys. As a whole, it's good if you want something to kill time.

No comments: